Has anyone told you to go therapy? In some circles that is a rude comment, but let me tell you why it might be a good idea.
Here are just some of the ways I’ve seen profession counseling help someone like you and me. Yes, therapists do go to therapy from time to time. Especially the good ones.
Profession counseling can hep you:
- Know yourself on a deeper level.
- Find inner peace.
- Help you figure out what is most important to you
- Learn ways to make your life more meaningful.
- Find solutions to problems that you can’t solve alone.
- Learn better skills to deal with stress, fear, trauma, depression.
- Decrease anxiety and know how to support yourself when you do freak out.
- Keep panics attacks from taking over your life.
- Improve communication and listening.
- Understand what your emotions are telling you.
- Manage your role in sticky situations.
- Change behaviors that are frustrating you.
- Increase your self esteem and confidence.
- Finally have a plan to get more of what you want in your life.
- Feel less dependent on medication.
- Get clarity about a troubled relationship.
- Make your problems more manageable.
But best thing about therapy is having a person in your court, someone who listens and gives you the space to figure things out. Someone who reminds you to give yourself some love. If you’re stuck, we have loads of ideas to work on your stuff!
We care about you and what you have to say. Every time you show up.
Life is hard. Sometimes, very hard. You don’t have to do it alone.